Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Cat and the Cake















A friend at work told of how she had decorated a layer cake for her daughters birthday. The family was enjoying the get together outside while a cat was eating the pretty fushia frosting flowers! The mom was upset that all her work on the pretty cake was ruined. But when she tells the story you just can't help but laugh.
I found a neat Vintage Cake taker at a second hand shop.... added some rubons and sprayed them with sealer. It was fun and she was so surprised when I gave it to her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cool thing to do! :o) Donna

Lynn Stevens said...

hahaha too cute! I'm sure she loved it and what a great reminder!

Thank you so much for posting my giveaway I have included you in the surprise as well as the bonus giveaways, best of luck
hugs Lynn

Nola said...

Love that thoughtful gesture of yours...also, the story will be repeated into the next generation or more, I'm sure, because the cake cover will remind them of it!

I used to use an old cake cover over snacks and foods I DIDN'T want anyone to touch until the big event they were made for...I painted a scarecrow on it with the words :KEEP OUT! on it.

You do such cool things, Barb...I learn from you every time I peek in on your site or in your etsy store! Nola